Falafel Pita Sandwich
1- Mix the Greek yogurt, cucumber and lemon juice in a bowl. Cover and chill.
2- Place the onion, mustard, chick peas, spices, bread and egg whites into a small food processor and pulse until they're well blended.
3- Heat up the olive oil on a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
4- Spoon 1/3 cup chick pea mixture per falafel onto the griddle. With a large enough skillet or griddle, you may be able to cook all four falafels at once.
5- Cook approximately four minutes on each side, flipping like a pancake. They're done when they're golden brown.
6- Place greens in each pita and place one falafel on top of the greens.
7- Spoon Greek yogurt mix onto each falafel
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon spicy Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 16-ounce can chick peas, drained
- 3 large egg whites
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole wheat pitas, split into individual pita pockets
- 1 cup arugula, romaine lettuce or spinach
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup diced, seedless cucumber
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Use it with our products
- Pita - Traditional - Almadina White
- Pita - Traditional - Almadina Whole Wheat
- Pita - Traditional - Alwatan White
- Pita - Traditional - Alwatan Whole Wheat
- Pita - Traditional - Arabic White
- Pita - Traditional - Arabic Whole Wheat
- Pita - Traditional - Breadko White
- Pita - Traditional - Breadko Whole Wheat