Pitas Arayes Recipe
1- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4/350F/180°C.
2- In a large bowl, add in the minced lamb, with the chopped onion and tomato, crushed garlic, salt, spice mix, parsley, lemon juice and toasted pine nuts and mix well.
3- Cut bread into quarters.
4- Open up the quartered bread pieces and spread a heaped tablespoonful of meat mixture in a thin layer into one side of the bread and press down to close.
5- Brush both sides of the bread with oil.
6- Place on a baking tray and bake in the centre shelf of the oven for half an hour, turning once after 15 minutes.
7- Serve hot or warm with yogurt
- 500 g ground lamb (minced)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baharat mixed spice
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 50 g pine nuts, roasted
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 pita bread
Use it with our products
- Pita - Traditional - Almadina White
- Pita - Traditional - Almadina Whole Wheat
- Pita - Traditional - Alwatan White
- Pita - Traditional - Alwatan Whole Wheat
- Pita - Traditional - Arabic White
- Pita - Traditional - Arabic Whole Wheat
- Pita - Traditional - Breadko White
- Pita - Traditional - Breadko Whole Wheat